If you are planning on celebrating April Fools Day by playing some pranks on your family here's some funny traditions to inspire you:
Food & Beverages:
- Serve a meal in the reversed order, with dessert first and the main course or appetizer last.
- Serve foods in different dishes to confuse dinner. For example, place a beverage in a bowl or food in a glass.
- Disguise food as something else. For example, make cupcakes look like meatloaf and ice it with mashed potatoes.
- Put food coloring in milk.
- Serve Jello to look like juice.
- Use large dishes and utensils to eat with.
- Ban all utensils to eat with.
- Switch out cereal in the cereal boxes for breakfast.
- Switch out the food wrappers in your childs lunch.
- Put gummy worms in apples.
- Replace salt with sugar in your shakers or containers.
- Freeze a bowl of cereal and milk with the spoon inside.
More Jokes You Can Do:
- Stuff your childrens shoes with tissue paper down in the toe so they can't get them on all the way.
- Make good use of a rubber spider.
- When your child is sleeping gently move them into a different bed.
- Replace your childs clothes for clothing that is too small.
- Change the time on the alarm clock and hide it so that when it goes off your child will have difficulty finding it.
- Mix up their stuff- put toys where clothing belongs, clothing where toys belong and hand some toys from the ceiling so they have to jump to get it.
- Replace the desktop photo on the computer with a photo of mom or dad and a note saying, "We are watching you!"
- Take the batteries out of the remote controls.
- Use food coloring to change the water in their bath.
What are your April Fools day family traditions? I'd love to hear all about them!