St Patrick's Day is next month so I've been busy working on an activity a day countdown calendar for kids that I know you will love!
I've made 8 pages of activity cards filled with Montessori inspired activities. Activities encourage imagination and teach skills in math, music, language arts, geography, science and art. They also include fun games to teach fine motor and gross motor skills. All activities require little prep work and can be done with things you already have at home or can acquire easily and on a budget.
This calendar is super easy to make and takes no time! I've set up 17 days for us to countdown but you can do up to 30.
To make your own calendar you will need the following materials:
-17 small paper bags (8.9 cm x 5.1 cm x 17.2 cm)
-3 pieces of A4 sized white paper for the labels
-8 pieces of A4 sized white paper for the cards
-17 small wooden pegs
1. Print off the labels and activity cards on white A4 paper.
2. Cut the labels and activity cards out.
3. Place an activity card in each bag. You can also include chocolate coins, stickers and other St Patrick's day goodies.
4. Fold the top of the bag over and secure it with a number label and a wooden peg.
Some other ways to make your calendar:
1. Hang the bags on a string and attach to a wall.
2. Use envelopes to hold the cards and attach to a wall.
3. Use envelopes to hold the cards but punch a hole at the top and secure them together with a 2" ring.
4. Laminate the labels and attach to a cupcake tin with double sided tape.
5. Use the activity cards in any pre-existing calendar that you have.
Love this idea but don't have time to make one yourself? No worries!
You can now purchase this printable pdf in my Etsy shop for $3.50 USD.
Happy St Patrick's day!
I'm linking to some of these fabulous parties.