Christmas is just around the corner and today I'm sharing with you my Christmas Activity A Day Countdown Calendar. I'm super excited about this because I've changed things up a bit and am offering a new format with bigger (and prettier) cards AND more cards for less. Whether you are looking to make a new countdown calendar this year or just want the activity cards for your own advent calendar this calendar will suit your needs.
You will need the following materials:
-16 regular sized envelopes (3 5/8 x 6 ½ inch)
-31 small pieces of ribbon
-9 pieces of cardstock or white paper
-6-8 pieces of scrapbook paper or wrapping paper as desired
1. Lick shut your envelopes and then cut into halves.
2. Cut scrapbook or wrapping paper to fit the front of each envelope half. Glue to the front of the envelope making sure the open end of the envelope is facing up.
3. Use a scrapbook punch or trace a small round object to cut out a hole in the front of each envelope.
4. Print out the template onto cardstock paper.
5. Cut out the 31 numbers and glue a number to each envelope.
6. Laminate finished envelopes if desired.
7. Cut out the activity cards. Laminate if desired.
8. Punch a small hole into the top of each card and tie a ribbon. Place 1 card into each envelope.
My Christmas Countdown Calendar includes 48 Christmas Inspired Activity Cards + 6 Blank Cards To Personalize Yourself. Some activities are Montessori inspired including crafts, science experiments, exercises to encourage imagination and practice fine/ gross motor skills, songs and math games. Other activities feature acts of service and activities to do together as a family to celebrate Christmas.
All activities require little to no prep work and can be done with things you already have around the house or can acquire easily and on a budget. Activities can be done with young children (18 months +) through to adults in the home or in a classroom setting.
My Christmas Activity A Day Countdown Calendar is now for sale in my Etsy shop for $3.50. A great deal for a calendar that can be used year after year as your family grows and as the kids do to!
I'm linking to some of these fantastic parties. Stop over and say "hi" .