To make your own you will need the following materials:
-16 regular sized envelopes (3 5/8 x 6 ½ inch)
-31 small pieces of ribbon
-4 pieces of cardstock paper
-6-8 pieces of scrapbook paper
1. Lick shut your envelopes and then cut into halves.
2. Cut scrapbook paper to fit the front of each envelope half.
3. Glue to the front of the envelope making sure the open end of the envelope is facing up.
4. Print out the number template onto cardstock paper. Cut out the 31 numbers and glue a number to each envelope.
5. Cut out the activity cards. Punch a small hole into the top of each card and tie a ribbon. Place 1 card into each envelope.
Voila! You are finished! Hang on display and let the countdown begin!
The best part of this is that you can make it once and reuse it year after year. You can also count down as many days as you want. For younger children I would probably use 10-14 days and for older children the full 31 would be fine.
If you love this idea but don't have time to come up with a calendar of this sort on your own, I'm currently selling my digital pdf file in my Etsy shop. Let the Halloween countdown begin!
I'm linking to some of these great PARTIES.