I recently received The Versatile Blogger Award from Emily at Nap-Time Creations. I am so honored. Thank you, Emily!
One of the requrements of winning this award is to share seven things about yourself. I’m sure all of you that follow me week to week want to know a little bit about the crazy lady behind Delicious Ambiguity, right? So here’s some things about myself that I think are interesting:
1. I have a tattoo on my lower back that I got for my twenty-fifth birthday. I regret it now because I didn't do enough research and got it done at a shaddy place on a beach in Thailand. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it. The douche who did it didn't center it on my back and I've had some Thai friends tell me that the spelling is wrong. Some say it is fine so who really knows, right?
The "sun" shape is suppose to symbolize the waves of energy from my meditation practice. The writing in the middle is Thai and says “chebit” which means “life” or “live”.
2. I only like sports that have physical contact! Hockey, Rugby and Muay Thai Kickboxing are my favorite. I’m really not a violent person though!
3. I used to practice meditation when I lived in Seoul, South Korea. Suseonjae is an organization for practicing Korean Buddhist Meditation. I loved it and I miss it a lot. Actually, I was pretty hardcore. At one point I woke up at five in the morning and did one thousand buddhist bows. It was exhilarating!
4. I speak a bit of Thai and a bit of Korean from living in South Korea and Thailand. I wish I spoke French (since I am Canadian) and Japanese (because my partner is Japanese and we want our son to be bilingual). Unfortunately, I really suck at languages and as I learn a new one (ever so slowly) I forget the others!
5. I currently live in the suburbs of Sydney, Australia down the street from Macquarie University. Macquarie University is where The Wiggles went to University.
6. I cry at sappy movies and TV shows. I laugh at scary movies even though I’m scared stupid. It’s an annoying habit but that’s how I roll.
7. When I "grow-up" (a.k.a when the kids are bigger and there is money for me to pursue my dreams) I’d like to be a Naturopath. I’d also like to start my own business and open an asian style sauna, teahouse and wellness center in the mountains near my hometown. I wish I could do it all!
In the meantime, I am working towards becoming a published author. I would like to write articles for magazines, publish some of my “mommy blogging” into a book and write a children’s book based on my son. I really have no idea how to go about this so any advice you can shed on helping me achieve this would be greatly appreciated!
So there you have it, seven interesting things about me that you didn’t know!
Time to get onto some business. I pass this award along to the following fifteen bloggers who I think are great (in no particular order):
13. Sew Much Ado
14. Clean Mama
If you received this award:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to fifteen bloggers you have recently discovered and think are great (in no particular order).
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
I hope you enjoyed learning a bit about me because I had a lot of fun sharing! If you want to know something else please leave a comment and I’ll answer it in an upcoming post.